Sunday, March 14, 2010

Social Media

I just wanted to post a quick update on the use of Social Media. Generally, I think of how social media can help nonprofit organizations produce change on a number of different levels. However, tonight I used social media for what it was originally intended for. Making connections. I was able to connect family located in many different states/time zones to an event with one family member through Ustream.tv This worked great as we all enjoyed being a part of a special experience.
Later I ended up using Skype to connect with my brother and his family, and it was just awesome to see how much his kids have changes since we have moved away. Technology is amazing in all the things that we can do with it and I am so glad that we can continue to create memories even though we may not be located in the same town. If you haven't started using and social media, go ahead and check it out. You can follow me on twitter or check out some of my YouTube videos for more information.

But how do you use social media to connect and produce positive change?

No comments:

Post a Comment