Monday, March 1, 2010

Online Social Activism and Change

I recently finished reading a couple of books that have transformed the way I think about social change. The first book Tribes: We Need You to Lead Us, was written in a fashion I am not really used to. Yet it had a unique message about leadership in the digital age.

The second book I read and would highly recommend was CauseWired: Plugging In, Getting Involved, Changing the World. This book provides great examples of how individuals are engaging in social change using social media and technology. I had to post a quick few comments on these books as I just finished the second and I am getting ready to write a formal review on CauseWired for Nonprofit Voluntary Sector Quarterly. Be sure to look back here as I may post an excerpt of the review here.

No comments:

Post a Comment