Monday, February 22, 2010

Unexpected Change

Throughout this blog I try to highlight the benefits and positive aspects of Change. I like to see how through Change we can grow, develop, become better. However, I realize that not all Change is positive, especially if it is unexpected or tragic. Sometimes the unexpected can prove to be beneficial but today I have experienced the kind of Change that is inevitable to all of humankind. I don't know if this sort of Change is really ever an expected one. One where we can cherish the journey and reflect back on the experiences. We lost a beloved colleague today. An unexpected and tragic Change that is perhaps the hardest to bare. I understand that today, while many of us gather to reflect and remember, we will cherish the memory and friendship of this beloved friend. Although I only knew her a short time, she has Changed my life forever. That bright smile and lovingly cheeky attitude was so infectious that you couldn't help but to laugh. I am truly grateful to have known you, Robin. I wanted to post the following video because if you listen to the words closely, I believe it captures some of how I feel today. I think this video is also somewhat cheeky, just as you were to me so many times that would bring a smile to my face on a cloudy day. Thank you Robin and God speed.

No comments:

Post a Comment